Fast Forward to today
Pickles decided that he needed some more sleep this morning and this is where we found him. Hmm...next time I want to sleep in, I'll curl up in my closet. Rewind
Ah, yes. I turned 34 earlier this month. When Matt realized how old I was he said, "Wow, really 34, you are getting old." I took that opportunity to remind him that he is 9 years older than me.Matt and I went to dinner with some great friends and then to see Avatar. Was Avatar my first choice? Not really. Matt had been dying to see if for quite some time and since my sister offered to watch the girls, I couldn't pass up the opportunity. At least we got to have my favorite food for dinner, Mexican! Yolanda's was delicious as usual.
Matt and I discovered that Addison loves scrambled eggs with ketchup. She is definitely her father's daughter.
This picture brings me to my latest dilemma. See the smiley girl in the periwinkle dress. She has come down with some sort of aversion to sleeping in her own bed. Every night, I mean every night, she comes to sleep with Matt and I. Personally, it's getting old. I've tried bribing, offering rewards, getting mad, walking her back to her own bed, nothing seems to work. This could be because my loving husband really enjoys having her sleep in our bed. Yes, you read that right. My answer to that was, "Really @$%&!, well she is infringing on our time. Yes, I know we are asleep, but I sleep better with her not there." Matt responded with, "She will only be this little once and before we know it she won't want to sleep with us anymore." Thanks for the truckload of guilt, right? Any ideas or advice?

4 comments:
I really wish you had advice! My Matt guilts me with the same lines. Braden has also recently developed an aversion to his bed at oh, the convenient hour of 4am. So we basically don't sleep after that because I have a foot in my face, a kid tickling me, or my mind is just thinking of all the things I could be doing since I'm NOT SLEEPING!! Good luck...our kiddos sure are cute, but much cuter in their own beds.
The advice I read was to always take them back to their bed... This worked pretty good until I was pregnant with Jace, then I was just too tired to get up again... Now our bed is busier then Grand Central with each kid waking up at least once in the night and either yelling, "Mom" or climbing in bed with us (not sure which is worse) then add in the nursing baby that still thinks he has to eat every two hours (or less)...
A quick note to Matt, though... I had a sister (as many of you did) who still liked to sleep in their parents' room until high school! Nip this in the bud as soon as possible - you'll all sleep easier...
I also have a sister that slept with my mom until high school. This is my fear.
Ok Tiana I have to say. SHAKE MATT OUT OF IT!!!!! The reason I say that is because I have only been Aidan free for 2 weeks now. And he's 8. And I had back surgery that didn't go as planned 3 years ago. And he looks like he plays football or wrestles. They sure are darn cute. But cute with a foot in your back, or mouth depending on their position, get's uncute real quick. BTW I'm enjoying your blog!!!
Post a Comment