Friday, January 29, 2010

Decision

What a week! Exactly one week ago today I got a phone call that sent me into a tail-spin. The call was from my previous employer, Pleasant Holidays, asking me to come in and discuss returning to my previous position. (The job that I was laid-off from last June after having worked there, 13 years.) To say that my entire weekend was filled with an abundance of anxiety would have been an understatment.
As I spent the weekend, praying, talking things over with Matt, weighing all the pros and cons, I had a lot to consider. Return to work and pay someone else to watch my kids with the hope that I would advance in my career. Or stay home, continue to collect unemployment, raise my kids and without a doubt advance in my career as a mother. Here is what I decided........


























I'd rather do laundry with Addi, have Barbies spread all over my backyard, play dress-up on Wednesday afternoon and just be mom. I realize that we won't be able to afford a new car anytime soon and this will postpone our plans to buy a house. However, the rewards of being at home are much greater than I could have imagined. I feel completely at peace with my decision.

P.S. Pleasant Holidays, I am much happier having ended our relationship on my terms.

5 comments:

Braden Matthew Johnson said...

Good for you! Your post brought tears to my eyes.

Carol said...

Good for you, I'm glad you came to that decision. You're an awesome woman and mother!

Beth said...

Good for you, you can never get these years back. Enjoy them!!!!!

Robin Martinez said...

Tiana,
great decision! What lucky little girls and a lucky mom! It is wonderful for the three of you to share these years together. Time flies and they grow up. They will always be your babies but the relationship will change and you wont be able to dress up or play barbies or just cuddle. enjoy!!

Cate said...

From one broke-stay-home-mom to another - you made the right decision!