On a sunny Presidents Day in Camarillo my niece, Ellie and her BFF, Izzie, decided to open a lemonade stand right in front of my house. Last week they had learned at school all about the catholic children in Haiti that were trying to earn money to rebuild their church. St. Mary Magdalene school in Camarillo raised nearly $500 last week for this cause. Ellie and Izzie were on a mission to donate more. What better way than lemonade.
When the girls first arrived and I heard their plan I thought it was sort of um.....silly. But what the heck, I helped make the lemonade while they set up tables out front. The girls had all the supplies and were set up in no time.
In one hour and a half these girls earned just over $30.00. Now I wasn't laughing. I was plotting ways to have my own lemonade stand called, I want new shoes.
Lesson learned, cute girls selling lemonade = winner!

1 comment:
A lot of people, me included, try to boost youthful entrepreneurs even if they don't want the product.
Post a Comment