
During my pregnancy with Addison, I had often pondered whether or not I'd have another child. At the time I was working full-time. The cost of daycare for Karissa was $800 a month. Matt and I knew that with Addi's arrival we were looking at doubling the cost of childcare. Yet we couldn't afford for me to stay home.
Fast forward to delivery day. I was induced with Addi and spent a lot of quality time resting before her arrival. As the hours passed my thoughts were on the new baby and trying to enjoy every moment. I wasn't sure if this would be Matt and my last time to the delivery room. Just after 3:00 pm Addison made her grand entrance. As the nurses were cleaning her off and my attention was focused on my new love I had a very strong impression that this wasn't my last time in the delivery room. The best way I can describe it was like someone was saying, "Don't forget about me." I knew with every fiber of my being that we were destined for three.
Over the past 2 years our lives have changed pretty dramatically. We moved from Simi to Camarillo. Both Matt and I lost our jobs and found new ones. My mothering skills have vastly improved. Yet over all the trials I never forgot that day in the delivery room and the promise I made.
As of today I am 12 weeks and 5 days pregnant with our 3rd child. The funny thing is Matt and I weren't trying to get pregnant it just happened. (I'm still kind of in shock.) We had an appointment today with my perinateologist (I am officially old!) and all is well with baby #3. And so our journey continues.
(My apologies if I never shared this story with you. It was very personal and I only shared it with Matt a few months ago. I just felt compelled to share the story now.)
3 comments:
I love it T! I'm excited for this new baby to be apart of the Kinnon Family...and all the Meyring Madness. It's going to be so great!
Congratulations!! That is so exciting :)
We really are so happy for you. Children are such a blessing! Obviously it was meant to be. It's amazing how as mothers we often not only have a special connection to our children who are already on this earth, but also those who aren't here yet. So glad all is well!
Post a Comment