Monday, September 20, 2010

Have Passport will travel

Earlier this year when watching the Winter Olympics in Vancouver, I never would have imagined I'd be there in a few short months. Thanks to my part-time job at Rocky Mountaineer not only did I get to go to their headquarter offices in Vancouver, I got to take the train from Vancouver to Banff.
A shot of Vancouver Harbor and a float plane taking off.

The dome coach I experienced aboard the Rocky Mountaineer. Complete luxury on every level.

Just before passing through Hell's Gate on our way to the Rockies, we passed another Rocky Mountaineer train heading to Vancouver.

The Fairmont Banff Springs in the background. Built as a replica of a Scottish Castle. I got to be a princess for a few nights.

Here I am in front of the breathtaking Lake Louise. It was so peaceful and unspoiled
I started to cry. The majestic beauty of the Canadian Rockies is a must.

I had a fabulous time in Canada. My kids on the other hand had a very hard time with Mommy being away for a week. We've had a rough adjustment back to our normal schedule. Hopefully everyone sleeps well tonight and in their own beds.



No comments: