Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Trips

It was an interesting week. We had a couple of fun trips I had to share.



When I went to pick-up Karissa from school her teacher informed me that Miss Karissa had taken a trip to the Director's office. Apparently Karissa and Kayley were fighting over a toy. Then one thing led to another and the girls slugged it out. When the fighting stopped and the teacher came over and asked what was going on, Karissa promptly replied, "None of your beeswax!" That little comment bought her a ticket time-out and eventually lead to the School Director's office.


Needless to say I was mortified. When we got to the car I expressed my disappointment and asked her what she and the Preschool Director chatted about. Karissa said, "I don't remember, but it was super fun!" (Me shaking my head.) This child leaves me speechless.

Our next adventure was to Trader Joes. Usually this trip with both kids in tow ensures my anxiety level will surpass Level 10 by the time we hit the first aisle. Addi never stays in the cart and all Karissa wants to do is hang out at the little kitchenette area eating and checking out the girls that look like boys. (That's a story for another time.)

We were moving through the store rather quickly. I was elated when we made it to the fruit and veggie section without a meltdown and both girls still in/next to the cart. As I grabbed some bananas, Karissa loudly blurted out the following; "Mom did I come out of your tummy or your.....ya know?" I quickly scanned the perimeter and there was several other shoppers all staring at us. One young lady had her mouth covered laughing hysterically. Not sure where to go with this one I replied, "My tummy." Without hesitation Karissa responded, "Did they use a needle and thread to sew up your tummy?" Me-"...Yes." Karissa continued, "What kind of thread did they use? Is it the disappearing kind?" "Yes", I replied.

By this point I was beet red and decided to open some mini blueberry muffins and shove one in her mouth. The other shoppers were all pretending not to stare but I could feel their eyes on me and hear their chuckles. We headed to the front of the store and checked out as quickly as possible. The blueberry muffin trick worked she dropped the whole thing and hasn't mentioned it since.

Matt and I have no idea how these thoughts pop into her head. We know one thing for sure, they are quite entertaining.

1 comment:

Braden Matthew Johnson said...

I was in hysterics both times when I read this...