Tuesday, April 20, 2010

No can do!

Last night before we tucked Karissa in her bed, Matt and I sat her down for a "serious" talk. Our little darling has been sneaking in our bed for longer than I care to admit. In the past Matt and I have disagreed on enforcing the Sleep in your own bed rule. Things are starting to change now that Karissa is almost 5, she is getting taller and her presence in our bed ensures that both Matt and I get a lousy nights sleep.
(-Que serious tone) "Karissa you are almost 5 now and big girls that are starting Kindergarten need to sleep in their own beds." I said. Matt went on to say that neither of us sleep well and when he doesn't sleep well he is tired all day. We also tried to lay on the guilt when we mentioned that Addison is sad when she wakes up and doesn't see her big sister in her bed. Karissa just starred at us with her big brown eyes and replied, "No Can Do!"
As usual Matt and I were speechless.

No comments: