Thursday, March 25, 2010

Under a spell

Recently Karissa started chewing on her hair. The sight of hair in her mouth makes me gag. Such an utterly disgusting habit. Rewards and punishments simply aren't working.
Help!! Any ideas?

This morning as I was attempting to put her hair in a half pony-tail and realizing the hair around her face is shrinking, I begged her to stop. Karissa simply replied, "Mom, I'm under a spell."

As you can imagine I was speechless and still am.

2 comments:

Marci and Morgan said...

I wish I could offer some tried and true advice, but unfortunately, I haven't dealt with this. My ideas were: put her hair in a ponytail everyday (Amber actually DID have to do this because Kate was twirling her hair endlessly) or cut her hair short to break the spell!! Too funny- I love the way kids little minds work- they do not get enough credit for their brilliance.

Cate said...

I was lucky, with Collin I would just cut it short enough so it couldn't reach... Kelsey has just started doing it too - yikes!