Friday, January 17, 2014

These days

These days are crazy, hectic and sometimes more than I can handle.  Yet somehow I muddle through and time presses onward. 

Yesterday Sybil had her 2 month check up which means her first round of vaccinations. She'd inherited the cold Addi, Andrew and I have been battling.  Poor baby has been congested and miserable. After I absentmindedly sucked down a smoothie containing yogurt, she screamed till 10pm.  Milk protein allergies are serious business. 

Of course Andrew wanted attention too. Oh and he got it.  He made several trips to timeout after peeing on our bathroom floor at least 3 times. Coloring on our couch, kitchen table and refrigerator, chucking blocks all over the living room and family room.  Asking for water and dumping it right out.  Using the sprayer on our sink to shoot water at bad dudes.  And really he's constantly striping down to go potty.  Only half the clothes make it back on him, then he just goes and gets new ones.  The amount of laundry that child creates should be a felony. 

Addi is my obedient child.  She rarely causes a raucous and does whatever she is asked. 

Karissa has been pretty good.  BUT, just went I start to think things are going well....let's just say Matt and I will be in the principals office Tuesday.  

Then there's my 92 year old child, grandpa. His caregiver is unavailable to stay with him the next few nights so Matt is there with him.  Yeah me.........sleeping alone. 


Oh and this binkie has to go.  I've tried everyday to get rid of it.  We even went ten days without it and caved due to sleep deprivation.  He won't sleep without it. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You always give me such a good laugh! If it makes you feel any better, Journee is up to the same antics as Andrew, well minus the binky... luckily we were able to get rid of that one but she has reverted back to sleeping in her pack n play as opposed to her big girl bed which is a bit bizarre in my opinion!!! We dealt with the milk allergies too so I know how miserable that it as well! :( At least you have a sense of humor! Wish we did live closer to one another too. :)