Tuesday, February 4, 2014

He's my Dad

Yesterday after the morning chaos subsided, Andrew and I walked upstairs to get ready for the day.  I walked into my room and the bed was unmade. (Matt almost always makes our bed first thing.  The Navy trained him well.)  

Yesterday was a rare exception.  I turned to Andrew and said, "Daddy is in big trouble.  He didn't make the bed!" 

Andrew got super defensive and replied, "No, he not in trouble. He's my Dad." 

This made me laugh.  I kept it up the act and told Andrew Daddy was going to be in time out when he got home from work.  

Andrew unfailingly at his Dad's aide told me, "Mom, you can do it.  You big enough.  You strong."  

Well, I guess I had to let Dad off the hook after hearing that.  And maybe because Andrew is just so cute.  

Andrew and I made the bed together.  

Later that evening when Matt got home from work, Andrew told him all about it. Or at least he tried to. 

No comments: