Last Thursday night as this child stepped out of the bath I discovered that she had lice. At first I freaked. Matt ran to the store and got several different kits all promising the best results. This is one of those things you swear will never happen to you. My kids are bathed everyday, every article of clothing they touch is washed. Yuck! My skin crawls just thinking about it.
Thanks to great advice from neighbors and friends this is what we learned;
- Karissa has an abundance of hair
- RID doesn't work
- LiceMD does
- Olive oil works
- You still have to use the metal comb and remove everything you see... and don't see
- All bedding, couches, cars, pillows, jackets, towels - must be washed and washed till there are no lice for at least 7 days. (26 loads of laundry and 48 hours of my washer and dryer running non-stop. Advice - sack it all up and take it to the laundry mat.)
- Brushes have to soaked in scalding water after every use
- I would never wish this on anyone
- If it happens to you, I will help
- Karissa's classmates were very mean today and all made comments about her having lice. One child even said, "My Mom told me to stay away from you." So disappointing.

1 comment:
What a stinker! Not Karissa, the kid at school. Ms. Thompson told me last year that lice actually thrive on CLEAN scalps. So unfair huh?!
Post a Comment