It is said the joy of motherhood comes in moments. A statement I've come to more clearly appreciate.
As our summer is winding to a close I have realized the best moments weren't captured on my camera or iPhone. The best moments were seen with my eyes and pounded into my soul like a tsunami. I let each moment in eagerly, holding my breath and asking the earth to standstill, while whispering 'Don't ever forget!'
Here are some recent moments I need to share;
tears of joy sliding down karissas cheeks while holding a week old baby bunny. The excitement that sent you soaring into a front hand spring after Auntie Nae Nae told you only once how to do it.
Andrew yelling for Ellie (Ayii) as we rounded the corner and down the hill to her house. Andrews connection to Ellie makes my heart sing.
An unplanned and perfect splits jump into the pool during swimming lessons, sending the audience roaring with laughter. Oh Addi! And how could I ever forget you throwing your fists in the air and yelling,"yes" when you met the height requirement for Space Mountain!
Kayley's mischievous smile when she's up to something. You always are so considerate of others-especially Karissa.
Some of my favorites came this past week and inspired this post.
Someone I love and adore sharing some special news. You know who you are. I'm so incredibly happy for you. I shed a tears of joy. (after you were out of the car.) It reminded me that God is good.
The sweetest boy I ever met, Ky Flynn, sat quietly in the back of my car listening to his sisters latest plot on how to convince her parents baby bunnies are a necessity! As we rode along he looked up and said, Bambi, fell asleep on me three times today. A smile of utter content and bliss spread across his face as he fell back in his seat and remained there all the way home. That moment will remain with me through the eternities.
Just today our god son, Anthony, came to visit. Andrew was playing coy and wouldn't hug anthony. I suggested a high five, then a fist bump. Andrew held out his fist and Anthony swooped him into his arms and gave him a huge hug. We laughed!
My days are chaotic, tough and incredibly busy. I don't want to let these moments go out with the tide.
'Don't forget' I whisper and warn.
No comments:
Post a Comment