These past few weeks have been busy. The kids have been involved in various activities and playdates. My work has been extra crazy and Matt has been working 12 plus hours a day.
Then yesterday it hit me.
One day when my kids are grown,
I'll long for tiny handprints on every
window and mirror.
One day I'll miss warm bodies snuggled in my bed.
One day my hands will wring with boredom for the thousand and one toys, shoes, pieces of clothing and just general junk I pick-up off the floor each day.
One day I'll open my dryer and my heart will ache for onesies, princess pajamas and dresses with the perfect spin.
One day I won't need to click carseat belts and repeat umpteen times, "Get in the car!"
One day I'll actually go to a store, restaurant, heck anywhere; without visiting the bathroom.
Luckily One Day is not today. So I'll continue to enjoy every minute of the chaos. Because One Day will arrive all too soon.

1 comment:
So true. I feel that way with Nick and he is only 12. It goes way too fast.
Post a Comment