Monday, February 15, 2010

St. Valentines Day & Weekend Retreat Part I


Happy Valentines Day from our 2 little cuties.
This Valentines was extra special because my SIL, Beth, offered to keep our girls for the weekend so Matt and I could go away. She mentioned this to me in early December and there was no turning back. Matt booked our trip to Cambria that afternoon. We've been looking forward to this trip for a while. Matt and I figured it had been nearly 3 years and one less child since our last couple getaway.
Last Friday after dropping Karissa off at school and handing off Addi to Auntie Beth, Matt and I started our adventure to the Central Coast. We started to get hungry around Pismo Beach and Matt suggested we eat lunch at The Madonna Inn. I was thrilled. The Madonna Inn Cafe has been a family tradition for lunch from as far back as I can remember. My mom even started her own collection of their goblets. Matt and I inherited 6 of them and added 2 more to our collection promptly after splitting their world famous Montecristo sandwich. Yum!


Somehow I convinced Matt to take this picture in front of the Steakhouse. I thought the Valentines decor was absolutely enchanting.


We stayed at the Fogcatcher Inn. A cute little B&B. Our room was great and had a perfect view of the Ocean and rugged coastline.


Matt chillaxin' on our bed.


While getting acquainted with the town, we stopped at the Cookie Crock Market in downtown Cambria. Not only did we love the name, they had just what we needed. Cheese, Crackers, Salami, water and Matt's Pepsi. Oh yeah, and the shampoo I forgot. Oops. For a local market in a tiny town, the prices seemed to be in-line with our hometown market.
Coming Soon....more photos and info about our trip. Like restaurants, more pictures of the coast and Hearst Castle.



1 comment:

Braden Matthew Johnson said...

I love that you include updates on what you and Matt are up to....looks like lots of fun!