Last week during a weekday chaotic morning, Matt decided to let Karissa play with his electric shaver. Why, I will never know. It must have been used as a ploy to get her to do something. As you can imagine the next morning Matt goes to use his razor and it was missing. He conducts a short search of the toy area, kitchen and family room, the shaver is no where to be found. He asks Karissa where the shaver is, and of course, she has no clue.
The next morning sans shaver, I decide to take matters into my own hands. (I was quickly growing tired of listening to Matt whine about having to wet shave.) I searched the usual hiding spots – the living room, toy area, every drawer, couch cushion and the buffet. The shaver is no where to be found. At this point the clock is ticking and we need to get a move on before we are late. Again, we ask Karissa where the shaver is. She shrugs and responds, just go to Target and get a new one. NO WAY, that little silver piece of equipment is pretty expensive. I tell Matt that he better start getting used to wet shaving.
That afternoon, Linnae, was watching Ellie and Kayley at our house. I spoke to Ellie and informed her that I would give her $10 if she found the shaver. When I got home that evening, Linnae informed me that Ellie and Kayley literally turned the house upside down in search of the shaver only to come up empty handed. I turn to Karissa and tell her that she can have a special surprise when she finds the shaver. I then took Addi into the kitchen and started to prepare dinner. Within about 3 seconds I hear Karissa screaming from the top of the stairs. I run to the living room to see what’s the matter. She is standing at the top of the stairs yelling, “Mom, I found the shaver and here is your toothbrush! Where is my reward!” I about fell over. I asked where the shaver and toothbrush were, and she responded, “In my closet.”
P.S. I had no idea that my toothbrush was missing. She must have swiped it that morning.
4 comments:
Now the conflict... do you reward her becasue she can hide things better than anyone or do you punish her for taking it in the first place and lying about it??? Good luck!
I check out your blog when I need a good laugh...you never disappoint!
Smart little bugger- she was just holding out for proper incentive!! I Love it! Porter NEVER forgets where he hides things either. It's annoying that things go missing, but I'm always so relieved to have them recovered that I don't really give him too much trouble about it.
This may not have been funny to you at the time but Brett and I got such a good laugh out of this Karissa-ism!
I'm glad your documenting all of these things so you can show Karissa later!
<3
Amy
Post a Comment