While getting ready for church today (enjoying a rare kid free moment*) and absorbing the silence,
I glanced at myself in the mirror.
A voice immediately said, "Go put on a slip!"
I quickly gave myself another once over. Slip? Ugh! I'd need to remove at least three layers.
The thoughts tripped over themselves in my mind.
Still staring in the mirror, the voice returned; "Slip...Now!"
I smiled and released a well needed laugh. It was undoubtedly my mother's voice.
My mothers voice was never soft and sweet like Snow White. Her voice was strong and clear. She always spoke with purpose and conviction. You never wanted to be on her bad side.
This Wednesday, November 14, would have been my mother's 67th birthday. I'm glad I will always remember her as 54, young and full of life. I'm very glad she's always with me. And that she still has the audacity to tell me what to do. Somethings never change. Love you Mom.
*Yes, Mother, I realize I was breaking one of your cardinal rules by getting ready for church after getting all the kids ready and having them wait for me in the car!

No comments:
Post a Comment