"Mom, what does ditched mean?" Karissa asked
"What do you mean?" I asked
"Well, Brian said on his cell phone that Dakota ditched him!"
After a good laugh, I responded, "Well it means that Dakota didn't show up today. It also means that someone may leave you to do something else."
Later that day I had another opportunity to use this new word. Karissa was invited to visit her best buddy Holden at his house. (On July 5, Holden, was involved in a serious accident that may cause him to loose his left eye. He's undergone several surgeries at the Jules Stein Eye Center at UCLA. We pray everyday for a miracle that his eye will heal.) I explained to Karissa that this would be a movie play date as Holden has to remain laying down for his eye to have the best chance of healing. We discussed that it wouldn't be fair to Holden to have her ditch him to do something else. She understood completely and promised she'd stay right by his side.
Yesterday afternoon we had to chance to hang out with Holden for a few hours. Both kids were amazingly sweet to one another. Karissa was very conscientious about not asking questions and just enjoying the time they had together.
1 comment:
How Sweet! I'm glad Kariss got to visit Holden.
milloy...Milloy wanted to typer his name. Tell Karissa she is so smart! And we'll never DITCH her.
alaina...now it was alaina's turn
Post a Comment