Saturday, August 8, 2009

Maui - Nokaoi

Over the past 13 years I have been to Maui more times that I can count. It is my absolute favorite place on earth. Maui is my sanctuary. From the volcanic mountains to the serene sea. It's what I think heaven must look like. (Thank goodness my brother lives there. It gives me another excuse why I have to go.)
While on our trip, I helped Karissa and Addison fall in love with Maui.
Maui is nokaoi (the best).


Linnae and Karissa checking out Iao Valley. My brother the Adventure Guide knows every plant, tree and all the Hawaiian history and folklore associated with them.


The Iao Needle. King Kamehameha once stood on this point during the war to unite the Hawaiian Islands.

Addison and her cousin Brennan. Brennan is only 2 months older than Addi. However; as you can see he is about 4 inches taller than her and about 10 lbs heavier.

Sun, suits, sand and the warm Pacific Ocean - Bliss.

My brother Trevor and his son, Brennan.

Addi absolutely loved the warm Hawaiian waters. She'd kick her feet as we swam and enjoyed the push and pull of the Pacific.

Happy baby.

Sweet Brennan. He repeats just about everything you say. If you have any sort of food, he repeats, "Bite - Bite - Bite!"

Karissa and Auntie Nae-Nae building a sandcastle. I couldn't keep Karissa off the beach or
out of the water.


The most beautiful shades of blue and a view of the island of Lana`i.

Just a little pool time.


Karissa enjoying her ice-cream banana. Who knew there were 28 different varieties of bananas.
We had an amazing time. The girls were good for the most part. They never really got used to the time difference. And since Hawaii is currently 3 hours behind Pacific time the girls were up at 5 am every morning. At least I got in a pretty good 1 - 2 mile morning walk every day.
We miss you Uncle Trevor, Aunt Lisa and Brennan. We can't wait to come back to Maui and see you soon.

2 comments:

Braden Matthew Johnson said...

Ok, just a little jealous! Did Matt stay home? Or was he just camera-shy?

Matt and Tiana said...

Sadly Matt had to stay home and work. He was really sad that he wasn't able to be there. ;o(