Saturday, August 1, 2009

Disneyland Fun

We had a magical time at Disneyland last weekend. Despite the heat, humidity and crowds, we were able to make it on all the rides and still manage to have some fun.

Karissa is 40 inches tall now and is able to ride the "big kid" rides. She was not too pleased when I kept trying to take pictures of her before we rode Space Mountain. Her comments after the ride where,"MOM, I was crying and you didn't even hear me. That was too fast and too dark." (For the record, she was not crying when we got off the ride.) Luckily her experience on Space Mountain did not detour her from riding any other "big-kid" rides.
She rode the Matterhorn, Big Thunder Mountain - 10 times and Splash Mountain at least
3 times. Matt also took her on Tower of Terror and she loved it.

Both girls LOVED the carousel.

Beware - Karissa is a character stalker. She literally hunts them down and demands to have a photo taken with them.

Addi and I on Small World. I was a little worried when Matt mentioned that Small World had been changed to add some Disney Character favorites. But I have to say it was done tastefully and it hasn't changed one of my favorite rides.

Breakfast with Minnie and Friends at the Plaza Inn., a must.
Alice was adorable.
Maybe because we spent so much quality time with characters this trip, I noticed something that was a bit scary. There are several adults that also stalk characters. These are adults that do not have children (with them at least), and were more excited than my 4 year old to to meet Minnie or any character for that matter. It kind of freaked me out. I felt bad for "Ashley from the O.C.", as she portrayed Ariel and grown adults were wanting her to sign their autograph books and had to hear their life stories.

Addi is quite the opposite of Karissa this is as close and she wanted to get to Mickey.

Mmmmm. Ice Cream on Main Street.

Dinner with Ariel's Grotto.

1 comment:

Cate said...

I can't believe Karissa will go on all those rides - Kelsey can't wait but Collin still won't go on anything remotely scary or fast.

I admit I'm a character stalker - but I'm rarely in the picture myself (unless my kids are too scared to be in the picture alone) I, too, am a littly wary of the adults that are so into the characters that they'll wait in line for hours for pictures...

Glad you had fun. We look forward to going again when things cool down and the crowds thin out in the fall.