Thursday, May 28, 2009

One down, three to go (years that is)

Matt here with a rare post.

I'm pleased to report that I successfully completed my first year of law school. I received my final grades this week and passed all my classes. I actually didn't do too poorly if I may say so...fourth in my class which considering working full time, married with two small kids is no small feat.

For anyone curious, I'm attending the 'Southern California Institute of Law' in Ventura, Ca. Its a California Bar Association Accredited law school and classes are conducted 3 nights a week, 3 hours a class. This is an actual campus where you attend class, no online stuff. Because its a part time program, the length is 4 years instead of the 3 years. At the end of the 4 years, I'll receive my Juris Doctorate and be eligible to sit for the CA Bar Exam.

I'll be taking a few summer elective classes starting next week and the year two curriculum starts in August.

Hopefully one day soon I too will be chasing ambulances and advertising on the bus stop benches!

2 comments:

Braden Matthew Johnson said...

Yay Matt! Congrats and best wishes!

Amy said...

Good job Matt!