Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Diary excerpt from Addison

Dear Mom,

It is 2:41 am and I am stirring again. You know exactly what I need to get back to sleep. Please do not send Dad in again as a decoy. That only makes me cry louder. Look, I know that you are trying to cut me off. I really don’t care that you haven’t slept well in months, 7 ½ to be exact. I just want food. Oh, and when you do finally come in and feed me, don’t even try to cut me off early. I now have teeth and will use them. I really only need 5-10 minutes of your time, you have the rest of your life to sleep.
See you at 6:00 am...or earlier.

Love always, Addison




She still looks this cute at midnight, 2:00 am, 4:00 am & 6:00 am.

2 comments:

Marci and Morgan said...

Seriously Mom- no decoys... I am right there with you- and I managed to forget how much I HATE getting up at night. Either that, or I just hate it MORE this time around for some reason. Hopefully everyone is feeling better soon!

Braden Matthew Johnson said...

HILARIOUS!!! Braden is a great sleeper, but he woke up at 2:40 this morning and decided it was time to get up. I just kept telling myself that there is NO way I could ever have a newborn again?!! Total zombie all day & I can't even use the excuse that I have a baby! Good thing our kids are so darned cute!!