“Motherhood is near to divinity. It is the highest, holiest service to be assumed by mankind.
It places her who honors its holy calling and service next to the angels.”
There is no doubt in my mind that angels watch over children. In my experience thus far as a mother there have been far too many times where only divine intervention saved my babies from being seriously injured or worse.
A few nights ago I walked in to check on Sybil. It was 3:30am and she hadn't woken for her nightly feeding. I was already panicked as I walked in her room. There she was laying on her tummy blanket perfectly tucked around her. I rubbed my eyes to make sure that was the same baby I tucked in several hours earlier on her back. She was sleeping so peacefully. I rubbed her back. Then I stood a few more minutes to watch her sleep while silently debating wether I should flip her over.
Just today I laid that same sweet baby on her back for a nap in her crib. About and hour or so later when checking on her, she was perfectly tucked in on her tummy.

No comments:
Post a Comment