Sunday, September 8, 2013

Back to School

On August 27, our girls headed off the school. Karissa started 3rd grade and Addison Kindergarten. 

There were no tears shed, no quivering lips, just pure happiness. Both girls have very structured and organized teachers. I hand picked them for these reasons. Karissa has adjusted well. Addi had a few days of adjustment. After learning the classroom rules and expectations, she's adjusted and loves every minute of school. 

Here are a few quotes from the girls during the first few days of school;

Addi- "I had a strict but fun day."

Karissa- "My teacher is awesome!"

Addi- "Mom, can I take off my shoes? 
It feels they have hot pee in them."

(It's called sweat Addi. This is the first time she had to wear shoes with socks since summer started. Probably before that too.)

Both girls are lucky to have their best friends in their class. 

My hope for the girls this year is that their love of learning will be enriched by their teachers and by me. That they will build upon the friendships they've made and be kind and loving to all. 




No comments: