This evening Matt got a phone call on his cell from the girls dance studio. We were all sitting at our kitchen table eating dinner. On the inside I cringed thinking the worst. Yet on the outside a kept smiling waiting for the call to end so I could hear Karissa's latest antics.
Much to my relief the call was to ask both Karissa and Addison to try out for the competitive dance team. Karissa beamed and Addi screamed. Both girls immediately jumped up and started dancing. I'm so proud of both of them. Especially Karissa. She's had tough teachers this year who have expected a lot of her. Over the year she has improved her skill, her ability to follow directions and has developed a everlasting love of dance.
I also got a chance to bring Karissa and her classmates a treat for her birthday. All the kids in Karissa's class sang her Happy Birthday with some extra "cha cha cha's". It's nice to see how much Karissa is loved by her teacher and classmates. Addi and Andrew loved spending some time sitting at their big sisters desk.
Karissa, you and I have come a long way. I've learned how to be a mother because of you. I've learned to be more patient, stick to a routine and how To let go of unreasonable expectations. Most of all I've learned to love deeper and harder than I've ever loved before.
You are a great big sister. You are learning to be patient with an adoring little sister and mischievous little brother. Your heart is big and sensitive. You don't like being disciplined or in trouble. You love all kinds of food. (Right now it's loquats.) Most of all you love to dance and show off your skills as an acrobat. Your feet are in the air most of the time.
I love you my Sissy Girl. Can't wait to see where the next year takes us.
Karissa at age 3

No comments:
Post a Comment