Our trip to the Dentist today was super "fun" as usual. Just so I don't forget for next time I'm writing it down.
Karissa and Addison were placed in rooms right next to each other. Andrew was in his stroller on the brink of a meltdown.
S
Addison eagerly jumped in the chair and happily talked to the hygienist about how excited she was to be there. Then the tools came out. Addison got wide-eyed but was still smiling. The hygienist moved the chair into place. Addison loved the chair ride.
While all this was going on I was shoving crackers down Andrew's throat to keep him quiet and Karissa kept yelling, "MOM!" from next door.
(In my mind I'm screaming at myself. How lame can you be showing up here with all three kids and expecting it to go well!)
Then it was time to clean Addi's teeth. Out came "Mr. Tickles" and the cleaning paste. Addi opened wide and the hygienist was able to clean one tooth before her mouth clamped shut.
"Ewwwww! I don't want anymore." Addison shrieked.
The hygienist and I gently try and talk her through the cleaning process. Addi's mouth is still clamped shut. I'm standing next to her with Andrew screaming in his stroller behind me. I begin bribing. First I start small with a trip to the Dentist's treasure chest. Nada. I then promise a trip to Target to get a Barbie movie. Nada. With Andrew still screaming and getting louder and Karissa calling for me in the next room, it was do or die. I needed to break out the big guns.
"Addison, do you want a new Baby Alive Doll? Well open your mouth for the Dentist and we will go to Target and get it. I will even get the one that poops!" I said cringing inside.
The mouth popped wide open. I stood there holding her mouth open with one hand and holding her hands down with the other. Lucky for me the hygienist worked as quickly as possible and we were done. Well with that part.
When the Dentist came in to check her teeth Addison freaked at "the silver thing". She was only able to get a few quick glimpses inside her mouth because Addison kept biting down and the Dentist didn't want to get bit.
Karissa was an angel and didn't make a peep during her cleaning. Whew!
Neither child had any cavities, or so I think with Addison.
Oh, what an adventure. Next time I'll invite Matt along. After all, why should I have all the fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment