Sometimes Motherhood is so challenging it breaks your heart. Other times Motherhood is so rewarding your broken heart gets stitched back together with the hugs and kisses of the same little heartbreakers.
Matt and I are having a particularly challenging time with Karissa. She is our defiant child who challenges and argues with nearly everything we say. It has been a rough few weeks since school started and we are all getting used to the new routine. In an effort to keep calm and press forward we've made a few changes. We eleminated TV for the kids. They may watch movie on the weekend if it is earned. We are taking a break from gymnastics. The 6 hr a week work-out and the turn to seriousness was not working out well for all involved.
So far it has been a bit calmer and I realize it's a work in progress - or that's what I keep telling myself.

No comments:
Post a Comment