Sunday, April 10, 2011

Baby Story

Before Right After
Big Baby Boy 9lbs 3 oz.
Big Sisters meeting their new brother
Proud Papa


How it all went down. (The real story.) After 2 weeks of total discomfort , dilation to 3 cm and some not very fun side effects of pregnancy it was time to be induced.


Matt and I arrived bright and early (7:30a) at Los Robles Hospital on April 5, 2011. We were promptly admitted and escorted ourselves to the Labor and Delivery Nurses Station. At 8:00a I had my IV in place, first dose of antibiotics. My Dr. ran in at 8:30 to break my water and start pitocin. Matt and I chatted till 9:30a when my contractions started growing a bit more intense. Dr. Feelgood came in at 9:30a and gave me an epidural. Ah, nap time.


At about 11:40a. I started to feel lots of pressure. My nurse came and checked me. She said I was a good 6cm. In a state of total denial, I rolled on my side to continue my "nap". Just a few minutes later my nurse was back and said, you must be feeling more pressure. Of course I was, but I still was trying to relax and pretend it wasn't bad. Deep down (or not really that deep) I knew it was about that time.


Matt and I watched in anticipation as the room was prepped, Dr. was called and another nurse arrived to help out. at 12:10p, I gave a few good pushes. Mr Dr. walked in and within a second or 2 things became a bit more serious. This was it. Within 15-18 very intense minutes of pushing, Andrew Patrick Kinnon, made his way into this world.


As they laid him on my tummy all I could think was that this was a very big baby. Not super chubby, just big and long. It turned out I was right. He weighed 9 lbs 3 oz and was 21 inches long. At first I thought he looked a lot like Addison. Since then I've decided he looks a lot like Matt. Those Kinnon genes are strong. I'm holding out hope that he may have blue or green eyes. One can dream.


We loved and kissed Andrew a billion times. His sisters are taking good care of him. Karissa has informed me that she can take care of him all by herself. Addison smothers him with kisses and tight squeezes. Matt and I just love him and can't imagine life without him.

We are now complete.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was SO much better than any of my inductions, jealous! I'm so happy he is here and that everything went great! Congrats, good luck with everything:)

Amy said...

YAY! congratulations! i'm crying tears of joy here for you.
love u guys!

Braden Matthew Johnson said...

Ahhh, what a beautiful story, beautiful mommy, and beautiful baby boy...the rest of the family is not so bad either! May you enjoy every minute...or at least most of them :)