Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Tubes and Gymastix

After 7 ear infections since January it was time for Addi to get Eustachian Tubes in her ears. This was not something that Matt and I (mostly I) was comfortable with. We did all in our power to stop the ear infections. We saw the E.N.T. last Tuesday for a follow-up appointment and the next thing I knew the surgery was scheduled for Friday morning at 7:00a.
Addi was just fine until she was coming out of the anesthesia. She may be little but let me tell you, she is mighty. Luckily most of her anger was directed towards the nurses they kept poking her trying to get her blood pressure, temperature and her blood oxygen level. The Dr. mentioned that once he made the incision for the tubes her ears were quite infected. The left one was particularly bad. We were just in time. After we got back to our room in Pediatrics, she took a quick nap and was ready to blow that joint. Mom and Dad were ready as well.
Since the surgery Addi has been sleeping sooo much better. (I don't want to jinx it - so we'll stick with that.) She has been much more steady on her feet. She can run a heck of a lot faster. Her speech seems to have exploded over the last 5 days as well. And she's happier and more content. The tubes were the right thing to do and we are so happy that she is happy and pain free again.


This was the best shot I could get as she was jumping on the mini-trampoline. And yes the child that has the vocabulary of an 8 year old pronounces it Gym-astix.

The funnest thing about gymastix ix cousin Kayley is in Karissa's class.

Easy Tiger!


What I love most about gymastix is that I no longer have to participate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor baby! I am so glad that she is feeling better. Not fun, but so worth it when it is all over.